The first building that arose on Herengracht 435 dates back to 1666 and was used as stables and a coach house. It was torn down in 1720 to be replaced by a merchant’s house. Over the centuries, the buildings were sold, rebuilt, and renovated several times. The formal purpose of the building as a shop/office dates from around 1840. After that, a number of trade companies established at Herengracht 435-437.